Vung Tau preserves the feel of a harmonious community of religions, mountains, beaches and architecture, both old and new. It is now a favorite weekend beach escape destination for family vacations from Ho Chi Minh City.
Vung Tau is now a favorite weekend beach escape destination for family vacations from Ho Chi Minh City. Vung Tau was known as Cap Saint-Jacques under French occupation and is just 125 km southeast of Ho Chi Minh City. Once, this seaside resort was a popular beach destination for French and American servicemen, thanks to its sandy beaches and transparent warm blue water all year round.
At 07:30, you will be picked up from the hotel in HCMC and driven to Vung Tau, traveling by immense rubber and cashew nut plantations, as well as scenic rice fields.
On the way to Vung Tau, you will visit the Large House (Nha Lon) and its temples at Long Son Island. Large House is a place to celebrate festivals, with a school, a market, a Ghe Sam preserving house, and Ong Tran’s graveyard.
Arriving in Vung Tau, the capital of Ba Ria Vung Tau Province, you will visit the White House Palace (a summer residence of the last emperor Bao Dai), offering a wonderful view of the beach and the city. You will visit Niet Ban Tinh Xa, Nirvana Meditation Retreat and Thich Ca Phat Dai, a Buddhist shrine. You will also visit a French-built lighthouse and the giant Jesus Christ image as optional choices.
You will have lunch at local restaurant then have a swim at the Bai Sau Beach. At 4 pm you will drive back to Saigon where you arrive at around 6 pm.
INCLUDE & EXCLUDE
- Private pick-up & drop-off services
- Private tour with English or French speaking guide
- Daily departure from HCMC
- All private transportation
- Private door-to-door pick-up & drop-off services
- Experienced English or French speaking guide
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Dinner)
- All sightseeing tickets
- Services charges and government tax
- Exclusive and personalized single agent/single customer service
- No extra charge after services confirmation
- 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
- Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
- Other services not mentioned above.