1. How do I search for my holiday with Smart Asia Travel?
From our webpage, you can do a search from the search box with our given hints or browse from all tours in the Destination offers. If you already have in mind your rough ideas or having a preferential itinerary from your friends, email us and share with us all the details you are expecting or put those comments in our “Leave a message” box. Our travel consultant will study from there and get back to you with the most suitable and matching proposal or recommendation. You can also view more from our Booking Guide
2. Will I be traveling on a private tour or in a group?
Most of our tours are on a private basis so it is just you, your family or your group of friends and with the local guide. By traveling on a private basis you are less obtrusive when visiting local villages and to tour with the highest level of flexibility. You can really decide on what you want to see and cut out anything that is no longer of your interest. After all, it is your holiday and valuable time so please make sure you get the most out of it. For some people who love to socializing or interacting with others, our travel consultant can recommend a few days tour here & there to join in a small group so you can have a good mixture of experiences between private tour and group tour in your 2-3 week vacation.
3. Does Smart Asia Travel offer day trip or short excursion?
Apart from a well-built 2-3 weeks package trips or personalized journeys, we do offer a single day tour or a short excursion. Let’s browse your search from our website or contact our travel consultant and get the most updated proposal. We realize that most of the day trip or day tour is booked at urgent manner before departure so we will make sure the availability and let you know the soonest. Once it is confirmed, we will email you back and ask for full payment.
4. How do we get pick up at airports?
If your trip included a guide from pick up, day tours and then drop off, your guide will hold a signboard containing your name, Smart Asia Travel logo & brand name on it and waits for you at the arrival hall, after the baggage claim. If your trip doesn’t include a guide for airport pick up, the driver will do this job and walks you out to the vehicle.
5. Do I need to pay the deposit?
The deposit is required to guarantee your reservation such as flights, tours, hotels, transfers…etc, so it is a necessity. After receiving your deposit, we start to reserve and book the services for you. Normally, 30% of total cost will be required for deposit at the booking time. For some urgent cases or at the splash of promotion offered, we will require full payment at the booking time. The deposit is generally made by credit card online or bank transfer method.
Depend on the amount of payment, our travel consultant will suggest the best option for you.
6. How can I make final payment or settle the remaining balance?
- Credit card online via OnePay secured payment link: This is a secured online payment and 100% safe. Our consultant will ask for some details from you as; name in full of card-holder, address, email then create a payment link for you. You just open this link and settle the payment. Besides, for remaining payment if you are agreed to pay on arrival, we will make it settled via portable POS at our office or at your hotel. Often, a 3% banking service fee is charged by the bank for the foreign transaction and this is not a hidden fee. We do not put this fee in our tour quotation to you.
- Bank transfer: For a large amount of payment, the travel consultant will suggest you doing a bank transfer to save your credit card fee. Please be noted that all fees arise are due to the payer. Please contact the travel consultant and enquire adequate information to proceed with your bank transfer.
- Cash: Though full payment has to be settled before the trip starts, we do have some exceptions after being agreed between you and the travel consultant. Cash can be USD, AUD, EUR, and VND. If you make the payment by VND, the rate of exchange from the bank at the time of payment will be applied. Most of the cases, payment by cash is done right on your first destination arrival, whether it is Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam. The travel consultant will let you know in detail prior to your arrival.
7. What is OnePay? Is this safe and trusted?
OnePay is a designated agent by Visa/Master/American Express who is secured and work as the middle person between Visa/Master, you and Smartasiatravel. When we have your name in full (card holder), your address, your email and phone number, a secured and encrypted payment link will be created and sent to you via email. After your successful payment, your computer or phone’s screen also comes up with a confirmation of payment being successfully paid.
8. Do you have a child discount policy for a family holiday?
Whatever policy we obtaining from our close suppliers, we pass on those good deals to you. Sometime, some of the policies might vary and better for the benefit of clients. Make sure you always check further with the travel consultant. Otherwise, the general policy is as below:
- Less than 2 years old, free of charge for tour & pay 50% airline charges.
- From 2 to 5 years old, 50% charge for tour & full airline charges.
- From 6 to 11 years old, 75% charge for tour & full airline charges.
- From 12 years old & up, charge as an adult passenger.
9. How will I receive my travel documents?
As soon as your booking is confirmed and full payment has been made, we will email you a completed service voucher including a detailed final itinerary, all hotels to be used and all airline tickets (if any). Some services like the train, puppet show…etc which only issued 1-2 days before departure, the travel consultant will have them delivered to your hotel on arrival or give them to your tour guide or driver to hand you. Please see more in our Booking Guide.
10. What if I need to cancel or change my itinerary?
For all bookings, you will need to understand our terms and conditions on the website and also stated in your proposed itinerary. This clearly states our cancellation policy. We insist that all our clients have adequate travel insurance that covers them for cancellation and curtailment. If you wish to change your itinerary after full payment has been made, we will try our best to accommodate any changes but it depends on each individual supplier so we will take that case by case and stand on the side of the customer. Please view more from our Terms & Conditions.
11. What happen if something goes wrong?
With the detailed plan or well-arranged services, it is very limited for anything to go wrong. But if something is taken out of our hands or something of an incident, please contact the travel consultant right away by phone, I-mess, Viber, Messenger or email. If you are on a day trip with guide & driver, you can always ask them for preliminary help. If something goes beyond their ability, then they will definitely call our office for further assistance. Not to worry, it has been our verified procedure. We also ensure that we have your emergency contact information for someone at home so they can be contacted if necessary.
12. Does anything else I need to concern when traveling with Smart Asia Travel?
No, you just make it a “Go” and we will travel with you. Every time we have client arrive, the travel consultant and the rest of the team are eager as we are welcoming friend from overseas. That is how you can imagine that your trip is well reserved and followed every step of the way and we keep connect with you very often just to make sure, you are enjoying the destinations, enjoying our services.